Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Conservative Case for Obama?

Sorry I have not written much lately. I have had some health issues and keeping my business running has consumed all the time and energy I have left.

I came upon this article, written by a very conservative history professor from Boston. All through it, I kept wanting to scream, "Yes, that is exactly right." The link is posted at the bottom of this post.

I have been extremely frustrated by the Republican nominee. John McCain embodies everything wrong with American politics. This week, I laughed as McCain cried that he had no money to run a proper campaign. For years, McCain has sought to squelch free speech under the guise of "getting the money out of politics". Now he has no money and he is complaining. Is not this what he has been saying he wants? Hilarious.

Please do not let fear mongers influence your vote this year. That is ALL the Republicans have. Frankly, Obama's pastor seems quite wacky and Marxist to me. But he pales in comparison to John Hagee, Pat Robertson, and Rod Parsley, who endorse McCain. Reverend Wright's liberation theology is just more left wing dribble for those needing someone to blame. His thoughts will never become policy in the United States. But the Armageddon scenarios preached by Robertson, et al., seem to greatly influence conservative politicians, especially within the Bush Administration. Which is more dangerous? I don't think it is even close.

No self-respecting conservative would consider John McCain. He cannot raise money because the conservatives in the party have no true choice this year.

This article is one of the greatest repudiations of the Bush legacy and the McCain candidacy I have yet read. You can click on the link or cut and paste the address below.

http://www.amconmag.com/2008/2008_03_24/article.html

Peace

2 comments:

How Insane Is John McCain? said...

Great post!

Brian said...

Fascinating. Not exactly a glowing endorsement for Obama. But, I guess he has to take what he can get from a conservative. ;-)

Peace,
Brian